Monday, April 18, 2011

Baby Update

Here I am last Sunday @ 38 weeks.
Well, my c-section that was scheduled today was canceled, per my request. As much as I want this baby here, I'm really hoping that I won't have to have a c-section. Dr. Beck is willing to let me try for a vbac (a normal delivery). At my appointment on Thursday he said he wasn't too encouraged, seeing as how I was not dilated or effaced at all, but that anything can happen in a week. So here's to hoping (and praying) that something will start happening. My Dr. said he'd let me go a week over my due date before he'd insist on a c-section. But I don't know if I'll last a week over my due date! I vote for this weekend!

8 comments:

salena said...

did you have an emergency csection with tyler?
you are awesome for canceling it! it would be so tempting to just get it over with.
i hope hope you're able to have a vbac!
good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything! My Dr says that you can go from being dialated to a zero to holding the baby in just a couple hours.. or you can walk around for a month dialated to a 3. So it doesn't always mean much hah

Macey said...

Good luck, exciting!

The Zaugg family said...

if you already had a c-section with tyler this time it will be so much easier. at least for me the 2nd time was so so so much easier! but good luck with whatever happens it will be great and it will be so nice to get to hold that sweet little baby.

Kris and Megan said...

Oh my goodness, I hope you do go into labor on your own! I can't wait to meet the second little guy. Plan on a meal from us :) and you look GREAT!!!!!

Kenna said...

We are praying for you, I hope it goes how you want it! At this point in pregnancy it seems like a day might as well be a month so I hope that little guy comes soon:) Good luck, I can't wait to hear all about it!

shailapew said...

I chose that same wall in our apartment to model my post due date belly. : ) It just screams prego modeling background. haha. I agree with your many fans (the other comments) you are so awesome to keep waiting. Hopefully, he comes soon!

linds said...

Oh you're so beautiful Megs! Good luck! I hope he comes on his own for you! I always have to be induced. I hope one time I'll actually know what it feels like to go into labor on my own!