Thursday, February 17, 2011

Baby's name

Ok. I just came to a crazy realization. My c-section (which I'm hoping not to, but will most likely have to have) is scheduled for April 18th. That is only 8 1/2 weeks away! Holy smokes! I was still thinking it was at least 10 weeks away. So we've had a name in mind, but were trying to come up with some others tonight. So I've decided to send it to you, my faithful readers... all 3 of you. So go ahead and take the poll, just so we can get an idea. And if you have any other good name suggestions, lay them on me. We're pretty traditional folks, but we're open to anything... except Zolo or Chaz... Sorry Nikki!
Maybe I'll get some pictures of my ever-growing belly on here soon so you can see the boy in action. He's super active and is making his way up into my ribs. I think it's amazing to be able to feel him move and kick, but sometimes at 2 in the morning I'm just not all that jazzed about the miracle of being able to feel him kick and jab me in the ribs and bladder. But I love the little guy already and can't wait to have him here in our family. Tyler prays for him anytime we say prayers. The blessing on lunch usually goes something like this, "thank dee fo bay bruddah, and applethauth, and make it cold" (I don't know where he gets this, but he always prays that hot things will be hot, and cold things will be cold- I think it must have started when I told him that his food was too hot and we needed to pray and wait for it to cool down. Who knows?!).
Anyways, back to the names. Let me know what you think! Thanks in advance for your vote/suggestions.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I voted for Bennett Dean. I LOVE the name Bennett and the name Dean! Miss you Megs!

Macey said...

I think Dean would be great as one of the names-good luck this last stretch!

Anonymous said...

I love Bennett! Original, yet classic. Which is what I love in baby names!

A few I liked, but can't ever us.. Graham, Lincoln, Hansen (but that doesn't really go with your last name..). Have fun! And I hope everything goes well.

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

I voted for Joseph, but really it's a tie between Joseph and Bennett for me!

MegRich said...

Thanks for your votes gals! @ Dani- thanks for the name suggestions. I think Jesse and Stacie are thinking of using Graham- I really like that name too. Hope you're feeling well too!

Alisa said...

I lov Bennet!!! So cute!

salena said...

I wish i could realize i am a week & a half closer than i thought, the days seem to be slowly moving for me.
It's nice to have a for sure date set though, right!?

Oh & i'm really liking Bennett! I like the name Benjamin, too.
I'm excited to see what this little guy looks like!

Kris and Megan said...

i love the name matthew merrell. so cute. bennett was the name of this kid i went to high school with who once drank a large taco bell cup of the fire hot sauce... so i don't think i need to explain why that isn't my favorite! haha. luckily it's MY association, not yours, so if you love it, do it!

Carly Nichols said...

Hi! How are you!!?? I'm sooo excited you're having another boy!I like Joseph! I think Joseph Michael (middle name) is cute but Bennett is cute too! You make cute babies so whatever name you pick will be an added bonus of cuteness :)

Marian said...

How exciting! He is coming so soon! I like Andrew the best, but Bennett is fabulous too. Good luck choosing! Miss you.

Kamilla said...

No way! I didn't think you were that far along, how exciting!! Way to go Ty for saying such cute & thoughtful prayers. I loved your poll idea (how did you do that??). My vote is on Bennett, way cute name!!

E is for Elmes said...

Bennett Dean sounds awesome to me. But all of the others sound great too. I guess you could always get it down to 2 names and wait till he's here to decided. That's what we did with Elena.

SweetChics Home Decor said...

Hey Megan! How about the name Grant??? Its so boyish/manly and respectable :) Kinda like Graham, but doesn't remind me of a cracker LOL.... Grant Bennett, or Bennett Grant :) Good Luck!

Cindy Spratling said...

Looks like you have more than 3 readers Megs :) Ok, so you need to change the name options so I can vote for Andrew Blake. But there's no deying that Bennett Dean is a terrific name. I just think it would be so cool to name a boy in the fam after Blake while he is on his mish! out

Alisse Baldwin said...

I love them all! And of course, since I'm the weird lady who has dreams about your kids, I love Porter! But I can't choose between all your names. So how about Bennett Dean Matthew Merrell Andrew Joseph Porter Baldwin Richardson? :)

MegRich said...

Sorry Alisse, Jake says the name "Baldwin Richardson" has already been reserved for Lucy.

salena said...

hey megan-
i got the canon rebel t2i from best buy. so far we love it!
its 30 dollars off right now, not a huge discount based on the price..but its something! :)