Thursday, November 18, 2010

Been Awhile


So it's been a little while... okay a long while since I've last posted. The last picture I posted is with Tyler with a binkie in his mouth- The binkie has been gone for a long while now and a lot has happened since then.

I'll admit I went on a bit of a blogging strike. (Enter on soapbox) Oh, I looked at all of your blogs and commented and what not, but I was just striking against my own blog. Have you ever been reading cute, creative, witty blog after blog and suddenly become depressed because you realize that your blog is not as cute, creative, or witty? That was me. So I stopped blogging because I felt like I didn't have anything to knock your socks off with. I was talking with my friend Stacie (who I set up with her now husband- apparently I'm a pretty good matchmaker) and we were talking about how it seems like people always try to outdo others. You know- in high school it was who had the best clothes or the most boyfriends or the best party. And now it's who has the best job, the biggest house, the best holiday craft, the best dressed or well-trained kids. I realized I had totally fallen into the trap (thanks a lot Satan!) and was feeling down on myself because while I have a pretty darn cute kid (have you seen Ty? best looking almost two year old you'll ever meet!), he's not always dressed to the nines and most often has food smeared on his face. And while I have a very comfortable home, we're still renting and in school. But guess what? I love my life! I have so much to be grateful for and appreciate in my life! I'm crazy about my husband and son and we have a blast together! And I want to keep a record of the the things we do and accomplish, our struggles and failures, the funny things Tyler does and says. And I want to share them with you! But I'm back, without any promises to knock your socks off. This is just us. And I love it! Here's to not comparing myself with others! (Exit off soapbox)

7 comments:

Erin said...

Seriously, I was JUST looking on facebook at your profile, wondering how you're doing and wha-la! you've updated your blog! yay! I know what you mean about getting in a rut sometimes, we all go through that! I just keep telling myself that my blog is not for friends or "friends" I'm trying to impress... I just write and post photos so my kids will be able to have a piece of their childhood when their mom has amnesia and is too old to remember and tell them stories about the good old days!

hope the pregnancy is going well! you should find out soon what you're having right??? or do you already know? anyways, just thinkin about ya!

salena said...

i totally get that. sometimes i get down that i'm not those girls who come up with something clever to blog about EVERy day! or i dont have an awesome camera or blog skills to make my blog look sweet. you know whats funny is i know a few bloggers who have lots of followers & they are pretty clever with the way they write. but in person they are just plain awkward & so not the same person on their blog.one reason why my kid isnt gonna have texting(social skills!),,but thats a whole different subject. so whatever i like reading your blog! you're real & you blog about your family & your cute kid & thats what blogging is supposed to be!

Joe and Katie said...

Oh Megs....Read my blog and then you will feel better about yourself :) I love ya! I think you are super witty and I want to see all the darling pics your blog can stand so keep posting. Joe was just asking me how you guys were doing. We definitely will have to catch up over Thanksgiving!

Liz said...

AMEN MEGAN! This has actually been a really big problem in my ward-exactly what you were talking about-the competition. I totally know what you're talking about and have been in your shoes. I enjoy reading about you and you know why, cuz you're real and I know you're not painting a facade like most of those knock your socks off blogs. Anyways, your real is pretty awesome like you said. Love you Meg. We need to catch up

Unknown said...

that's funny, cause i was totally about to shut my laptop and go do something productive cause here i am staring at your cute kid and thinking, "there is no way, my kids will be that cute!!"

i feel the same way- i go in phases where i obsessively check blogs and then get depressed. i am not a crafty, i don't live in a real house. and i have no cute kids to foto yet... so it happens often.

but i tell you what makes me smile? seeing that little noggin with his hair are did up next to you or his dad- that's what. and i'm not even part of your family. :) miss you!

and you have been married for 3 years = crazy.

Kris and Megan said...

I totally understand the idea of getting depressed at people's blogs as you see people trying to outdo each other. It feels like that to me a lot! I just hope I am sensitive and not one of those people! In the end it should just be showing what's going on in your life so you remember, right but at the same time it can be easy to compare and feel like you're not keeping up. I'm with you though- renting, school, darn cute boy and great hubby- there is so much to be grateful for and enjoy at this phase in our lives. hope to see you soon megan :)

Lindsee said...

Yes, your little guy is super adorable. Well done.

And so glad to hear that you are back to blogging. And I don't read blogs to get my sock knocked off, I read them to see how people are doing. Also, the "knock your socks" off blogs are more times than not fake. There is no way that one person can be that happy and perfect all the time. Not real.

I like real.