
Tyler loves to wear my sunglasses in the car. He'll put them on and say "coo" (cool). And then he'll point to the radio and say, "moe, moe" (more, more) until I find the Jack Johnson song on the cd. Once everything is set he'll start nodding his head to the music and begin his "jam session". He's very particular about the things he likes to watch/listen to. For instance, if we do a sesame street video online, it has to be this one with Elmo and the apple. And if we listen to play songs on our computer, we have to start with "It's a small world" or he'll get pretty upset. Silly kid. We're trying not to cater to all of his particular-ness because I don't want him thinking he can get everything he wants. It's hard to be tough sometimes- he's just so darn cute!

Tyler is talking all the time now. He can communicate so well. So well that he gets frustrated if there is ever a time I don't know what he is saying. I'd document more words that he can say, but he'll pretty much repeat anything we say. Some of his new favorite words are "Anony" (Anthony- our cute neighbor boy upstairs we watched last night), "bee ball" (baseball), and "Nenony" (Melody- his cousin). He can say everyone's name on my side of the family, and about half of Jake's family (which is pretty good considering there are 40 of us!). We'll be driving in the car and he'll start listing off people's names. And the funny thing is he'll group them up in families. Most often he'll do Ben and Cindy's family or Ryan and Becca's.
He loves to sing! I'll find him humming himself to sleep for naps, which is funny because until about a month ago he never wanted me to sing to him before bed time. Now we sing all 3 verses of "I am a Child of God" about 3 times before he goes to bed at night. He'll also sing "Clean Up" while picking up his train set or crayons, and "Happy Birthday" anytime he sees a candle.
Well, I guess I'm kind of proud of my kid. What mom isn't? One of the benefits of being a mom- you get bragging rights... and then other times you're totally embarrassed when your 16 month old kid rips a loud man toot in Kohls, and then flashes a toothy smile like it's the best thing he's done all day. I love you Ty!
10 comments:
He is so cute and smart!
What a cute boy!!
Love it! He is getting so big I can hardly believe it! It is crazy how much they grown and so fast!
SCRUMPTIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, those juicy lips and his rolly polly tummy all spiffed up in a Sunday shirt and tie - I love the Ty Guy!
he is adorable! that's so sweet (and nice for you!) that he sings/hums himself to sleep!
I have never seen him in his cute little tie! He looks like he's 3 years old in this pic! Oh what a funny little boy our Ty is!!! I just want to squeeze the puddin out of him!
how adorable all the stuff he does!!! especially singing and saying "cool" when he listens to j.j. he is such a little smarty with all the words he knows! landon is really into saying the names of all the people in the family too, it is so cute!
Sometimes I want to swallow him whole, he's so cute. I know... that's such a weird thing, but it's true. I love that he puts his whole heart into whatever he wants. His cuteness is indescribable, really. Love that kid!
I miss him! He's going to be so huge by the time we see him next! Such a smart boy.
Your boy is so cute! I don't know if you remember me, but I knew Jake from the family ward and then the singles ward. Hope you guys are doing well :)
Post a Comment