Sunday, November 28, 2010

Baby brother or sister?

Well folks, the polls are in, and I'm sorry to tell you that 75% of you (and me!) were wrong. Tyler will be getting a baby BROTHER! (If I knew how to put that in blue I would. Anyone want to give me a quick lesson?) We were completely shocked, but so excited to find out that our little babes is a boy. I would have bet money (if I did that sort of thing) that we were having a girl. Oh how I wanted to go out and buy fluffy, ruffly skirts and bow making supplies. But those thoughts quickly vanished when I pictured my two boys wrestling with their daddy on a Sunday afternoon, playing with bugs and dirt, Tyler teaching his brother how to swing a bat or throw a football, and the special bond that is between a mother and son. I am so excited to have another fella in the house to love and take care of. Don't get me wrong, I will be so excited someday to have a girl, but for now I will relish in having my boys. Here's a sneak peek at our little guy. Dr. Beck quickly saw what he needed to see and said, "Uh oh, it's another boy! There's no doubt about it!" He then took the time to show us several different shots of our little guy and said that everything was looking perfect. Brain- good. Spine- good. 2 hands- check. 2 feet- check.

It's a boy!


Can you see his little mouth open on the top right?


Healthy spine!


Don't worry- this picture isn't as creepy as it looks. Turn your head 90 degrees to the right. Otherwise it looks like a creepy child with his mouth open like he's scared. Sorry if you can't find it. You can just go on thinking I have a creepy looking child in there.
He kept moving his little arm out in front of his face and then back out of the picture again, as if waving to his proud parents. Tyler didn't really know what was going on, but keeps saying, "I see mommy's baby on the cupooter (computer)." We called my mom on the way home and let Ty share the news with her. She asked, "What do you have Tyler?". He excitedly answered, "I hah brudder!" Can't wait to meet you little guy! I've gotten a few name suggestions, but I need lots more- bring 'em on!

15 comments:

Nikki said...

You probably don't want name suggestions from me, but I am so excited for you three! Piper's pride and joy are her siblings! Can't wait to see you all in just a few weeks!!!

MegRich said...

Nikki- I appreciate your name suggestions because they are unique. And your kids' names fit them perfectly. But I will say right now that we still are NOT considering your previous suggestions for Chaz or Zolo (but you are welcome to use them for your cute kiddos! :) Thanks for being excited for us. We are too!

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

How exciting! Now he won't be so outnumbered by all those little girl cousins! It will be so cute to see Tyler with his little brother. Hope you are feeling well!

Anonymous said...

Hey long time no talk! Um so I was one of the 25% that guessed a boy :) haha if you ever need a sitter hit me up! Miss you guys!

MegRich said...

Way to go Hannah! Sheesh- it has been a long time! Hope school and volleyball (right?) are going well for you!

linds said...

Oh yeah! Another SUPER cute boy! I'm so excited for you! It'll be so much fun!

Kris and Megan said...

megan, sounds exactly what kris and i went through! we were planning on girl everything, but as soon as they said boy we were SO excited for another! i'm so thrilled for you guys, and how fun will it be to hang out with our two little boys as playmates!

Becca Bingham said...

Congrats! That is so great that he'll have a brother! I'm sure Raylene is excited that you're having a boy close to hers! :)

salena said...

My problem would be naming a girl, I have no problem naming my boys but can never find a girls name i like, i guess I was just meant to have boys:)

I love old man/old school names like Harvey, Henry, Benjamin or Oliver. But they just dont match the names I already have so I give you permission to use them:)

some trendy ones that are cute are Merrick, Cale, & Jude. you like?

i love watching my boys all wrestle with their daddy, its the best. congrats again!

Hina Schneider said...

That is so awesome! We are so happy for you guys. Tyler will be trilled in getting a brother.

Amie Orton said...

oh Yay. I'm so happy for you. Hopefully ben isn't TOO jealous of you.

You forgot Overalls though. One look at a little chubby boy in overalls and I wanted another boy. :)

Amie

Richardson Five said...

Gotta love those ultrasound pics. They make it so real!

Becca said...

Congrats guys!!

Kamilla said...

I felt the same exact way with my pregnancy, I thought for sure I was having a girl but, nope! 2 boys is a lot of fun, Ty will be such a cute big brother. Congrats!

Unknown said...

congrats! i hope you have like 10 more- tyler is so cute- can't wait to eet his brudder! ps- miss you guys!!