Thursday, April 23, 2009

Swimming in April!

Sorry that the pictures are out of order, but I'm a little out of practice. It kind of makes the post anticlimactic, but I'll get better! It has been pretty hot here the past couple of days so we took Tyler swimming on Wednesday at my parents' house. The water was pretty cold, but my sister Cindy's girls loved it. Ty absolutely loves his baths every night, so I thought he'd like the pool, but the poor little guy did not like it at all! But he sure looked cute in his swimming trunks and sun hat. Hopefully he'll like the pool more when it warms up a bit.

Ty fell right asleep after the traumatic experience of sitting in the pool.

He sure is sweet!

This was his face after taking a little dip.

Happy Ty before entering the pool. No, Jake doesn't usually pop his collar, he was just trying to keep from getting his neck burned. He he- I love him!
I wanted to post the video of him getting in the water- it's pretty funny, but I tried and it just takes FOREVER to upload. Am I doing something wrong? Do you have to compress the file or something like that? Any suggestions?




12 comments:

Kirsi Anne said...

Meg!!! I miss you!!! Ty is getting so big!!!! He is so stinking cute!

Stacy said...

Your little boy is so dang cute! His little face is perfect! I love his little lip after he was dipped in the pool! :) How fun!

Dawn Davis said...

Oh, that is ADORABLE!!! Britton had his first swimming experience (on a mini blow up pool level) and after about 10 minutes wanted nothing to do with it...his face said it all. So so cute!!

Amie Orton said...

I love the popped collar comment. You are funny! Tyler is so cute pooped out in his swimsuit! give our nieces a kiss from me!
amie

Kamilla said...

Thats so fun, Lincoln & I have been swimming a lot here at the apartments lately. If Tyler ever warms up to it you guys should join us! It always takes me forever to upload videos too so I think thats just how it is.

How it all started... said...

personally i LOVE pop collars! but i think i was born to live in Europe and or be in fashion design--prob woulda made me more money than el ed. :) but now being a mommy i love having that as a background. so ty gets cuter every time i see him. love the little hat and swim suit. it has been so dang hot here, but this evening was perfect weather! we couldn't stand but be outside.

Kris and Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris and Megan said...

megan! he is SOOOOO cute! I loved your pics. Okay and on the video- I will never use blogger again! youtube is the way to go. make a youtube account if you don't have one and upload it there. THen when you view it on youtube, on the right side of the video there will be a thing that says "embed" with a link next to it. copy that link in the embed part, and paste it into your blog post. In the upper right of your post, you'll see two tabs, one saying compose (that's what I usually post in) and one that says html mode or something. If you click on the html one and post the embed link it will come up. You can click back and forth between the two tabs for your post I'm pretty sure and it will post. I JUST learned this two days ago in fact, and it is SO much easier!! Hope it works for you!
*Another benefit... It's faster and LARGER on your blog than the blogger video. You may have to increase your blog margins though because youtube videos are bigger.

Cindy Spratling said...

He was so cute in his little trunks. And we had so much fun watching him yesterday. I miss him today! And thanks for not posting "that" picture... you know which one I'm talking about :)

Bryce and Jamie said...

What a funny little story! I love that he fell asleep right after. He's just so cute!!!

Carly Nichols said...

Hi Megan! Tyler is so cute in his swimming attire! We should all go swimming!

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

Oh, sweet Ty-bo! That picture of him with the sad puckerd up lips is so cute! He'll like swimming when the water warms up more.