Thursday, July 10, 2008

Creepy baby thing

Okay, so I've always thought that the little countdown til baby thing was kind of creepy. Not the idea of counting down, just the little alien baby floating and bobbing around. But I finally gave in and posted one to my blog. It's more for me than anything- it helps me keep track. And it's kind of fun to see how many days are left- kind of daunting right now with 165 days to go, but we'll get there soon. Jake and I find out what we're having on July 29th. We can hardly wait to find out what "it" is! We would be just absolutely excited with either a boy or girl, but it will just be fun to finally know what our baby is. I've posted a poll where you can vote what you think it will be. Boy? Girl? Let us know what you think. I'll of course post what we're having as soon as we find out!

13 comments:

Simple Life said...

Hey Megan! Im so excited for you and your husband. Being a mom is the greatest feeling ever! I just had a boy on May 8th! He is amazing! And so much fun! Glad to see things are going well for you two! I saw that Joanie Whitfield (Kelly) is expecting a boy soon. So exciting!

Mac and Kelly said...

Ok, so I guess I missed the post that announced your pregnancy! Congrats! Everyone is having babies!

Simple Life said...

Ya- Boys are soo fun. I hope you have a boy- since I see from your blog, all your siblings have girls! Do you live on ASU East?? I thought I saw something on your blog that mentioned it. My husband, baby and I live about 1 mile south of ASU EAST! In Power Ranch.

Richardson Five said...

We vote boy! Maybe that's because we can then live vicariously through you.

Trevor, Brittany, and Addison Gardner said...

Ick it really does look like an alien right now! But in a couple months it will look oh so cute! Hope you're feeling ok- 165 days will go by fast just watch!!

Trevor, Brittany, and Addison Gardner said...

DO you live at ASU East?? I doubt it because then you'd be in my ward and I've never seen you. Hmmmm....

Eric said...

i'm so happy for you and jake, megan!! i guessed that you guys will have a girl! my husband and i moved to mass. last month, and we had about 5 weeks off together before eric starter work this past week. i am not going to teach this year, (since everyone wants to have teachers with masters, and i have to take a few tests to get certified) so i'm going to be a nanny. well, good luck with the pregnancy!!

Kris and Megan said...

I totally agree that those things are a little creepy... Haha. So, I just opted for the lilypie ticker. It is nice to have that to help you remember though! It goes SO fast, I honestly have to look at it to remember where I'm at! :) I can't wait to hear what you're having. I guessed a girl...

Dawn Davis said...

K, I totally agree with the bouncy baby alien thing...I chose a different count down. It really is so fun to find out what you're having. I tried soo hard not to call the baby "it", but that got really difficult. Do you have names picked out yet?

Cindy Spratling said...

Megan... about the creepy baby thing. They ARE totally creepy, but good for you and putting it on anyway- it will be fun for you to keep track of it. PS: Ben is totally grossed out by them!

Macey said...

Fun for you to track...You guys will be great parents-hope you are getting lots of swimming time at your parents' amazing pool!

The Nylanders said...

Hi Megan, it is Jenae (Fleming)! Congratulations on being pregnant! That is so exciting. I am very jealous that you are living in AZ close to your family, my husband and I just moved to chicago, and I am missing my family very much. I hope the pregnancy goes well for you!

Jen said...

Megan

I can't vote for either a girl or boy. Since I am the mother of 5 great kids, I can say truly it doesn't really matter. Girls and boys are both fun in their own way.

Good Luck!