Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tyler Turned 3!



Tyler turned 3 on December 19th. I still can't believe I have a 3 year old. He seems like such a big boy and so not babyish at all. Especially since having Bennett, Tyler just seems so grown up. We had a little birthday party with Tyler's cousins (and wishing Thaddeus lived closer) and a couple of his friends from nursery. Tyler had a blast and insisted on having a dance party. Ever since the Halloween party at his cousin's house, it's his favorite thing- there's no stopping his moves when some music is pumpin'.

Tyler is such a special boy and is a great big brother. He has his moments where he forgets to be gentle and tries to wrestle with Benny like he does with Daddy, but he loves being a big brother. Here are some things I love about Tyler at 3:

-He loves all things sports- whether he's playing himself, or watching his daddy play. He even loves watching sports with his dad.
-He is rambunctious as all get out and has a need to climb all over everything and everyone
-He loves to have Family Home Evening and leads the music with a baton. "Popcorn Popping" is a known must for the opening song. When we give the lesson we HAVE to use the gospel art book, or Tyler feels like we didn't do it right. He calls the book scriptures.
-When he says he prayers he still starts like this: "Heavenly Father, thankful for me. Please bless me..."
-His all time favorite meal is macaroni & cheese.
-He still gags when fruit is in his general vicinity, but he likes carrots, peas, beans, and applesauce.
-Tyler is very smart! He can navigate on the computer so well and loves to play games on the computer. He can sound out words with my help and likes to write the letter T to sign his name. He recognizes numbers 1-10 and loves counting things.
-Tyler LOVES his cousins. He loves having play days with Eli and loves to go to Claire & Savannah's house or have them come over. I'm so happy we live so close to family!
-Tyler loves to go to the store with me. He's actually a really great shopping buddy. Wal-Mart is one of his favorite places to go (wonder where he got that!).
-He really enjoys reading books before bedtime and loves to have his back and feet tickled. The only song he wants me to sing at bedtime is "I am a Child of God" (The 2nd verse is his favorite)
-He likes charts and and is very motivated by them. He loves to earn stickers and fill up his charts to get a prize. We've used charts for potty training, chores, staying in bed at night, and learning to get dressed. His favorite prize is a trip to Golfland.
-Tyler has a great laugh. He keeps us smiling and finds humor in everything. People who hear him laugh can't help but laugh too.
-I feel so blessed to by Tyler's mom. He is so patient with me as I try to learn how to be a good mom. He tests my patience, but I'm sure I test his as well. I love his boyishness and sweetness all bundled up in his jump-into-your-arms hugs. I enjoy seeing his mind work and make connections. Thanks for letting me by your mommy Ty. I love you to the moon & back!

3 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

It is so crazy to me still that we are all moms! What a little stud!

Kris and Megan said...

he is so adorable! i wish landon loved the store... so funny he loves walmart!

Peggy Merrell said...

Oh I just love this post, Megan! You are such a great mother and do so much to teach Tyler and Bennett. I love all the things your listed about Tyler. They made me smile!!! Love you!