Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm going there someday


Last night for Family Home Evening we were talking about the temple. We looked at pictures of the temple and of a bride and groom out in front. We then talked a bit about how mom and dad were married in the temple so our family can be together forever. Yadda, yadda, yadda, stuff Ty's already heard before. I'm always so amazed at how much Tyler understands. In the middle of the lesson he pipes in, "Mom. When I'm older I'm gonna wear a shirt and go to the temple!" "Huh?" "Yeah, I'm gonna wear a shirt, and a tie, and a flower when I get married in the temple. Are you gonna be there Mom?" "Yep, I'll be there." "And you, and Daddy, and Benny are gonna be there?" "Yep. We'll all be there. Because 'We are a happy family!'" I love being a mom and seeing my children learn such important, simple gospel truths. Today while we were playing with some blocks in his room, Ty plopped down on his bed and looked up at the picture of the temple across his room. Then he said, "Mom. Let's go to the temple now." "Well, let's go in a couple of days with Daddy so we can take some pictures there together." "Okay. I wanna go to the temple. It's Jesus' temple house." Thanks Ty for already loving the temple.

6 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

That is so sweet. It really is amazing how much they catch onto at so young!

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

Awww, precious! I'm glad to hear he plans to wear a shirt on his special day. :) I love my little Ty-bo!

Kris and Megan said...

That is adorable. I need to get a temple picture up in my boys' room too!!

The Bowles said...

Your kids are so lucky to have you for a mom! Brooklyn and I were talking yesterday about how she wanted to go see the temple again, so that's our next FHE activity/lesson. When I leave Brad in charge of FHE we always end up swimming...lol.

I think my girls naturally gravitate to the beauty of the temples because they love everything princess, magical, and happily ever after. So neat that we really can live happily ever after by first getting married in the temple!

i love those mom moments that make the "everyday" tasks so worth it! p.s. we need to play!

Joe and Katie said...

So sweet. Love your little boy!

Peggy Merrell said...

That just melts my heart! Those seeds of faith can never be planted too early, and I'm so happy you and Jake are taking the time to teach Tyler and Bennett.