Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hello Again!

Well, we're back. It's been awhile since we've been in the blogging world. I think we've been a little selfish- we haven't been sharing our Tyler with any of you! So here are some pictures.

Tyler loves to sweep the back patio. I'm glad because it's one of my least favorite things to do!

Jake and I hiked the wind caves with my "little" brother and my dad. It was such a beautiful day and the desert looked so green from all the rain we've gotten the past little while. I believe this picture was shortly before I tripped and fell hiking down. I should have gotten a picture of my knee and my hands- it was pretty gruesome. What a klutz I am sometimes! I haven't had the feeling of scraped hands and knees since elementary school. Pardon the lovely face- gotta love the timer! And we decided Jake looks like Dr. Pendanski from Holes in this picture.

I love this face! Tyler is such a happy boy and we love him so much. He is such a smarty pants (at least we think so, but then again we're his parents- we have to think that!) He loves learning. He already knows 14 letter sounds and talks all the time. Here are some words he knows: ball (bah), up, binkie (beebee), baby, bob (and he also sings part of the "Bob the Builder" song), Nana (Savannah), Bake (Blake), Papa (Grandpa), Momma, Dadda, Erin (Eweh), drink (dink), cheese (cheeeee), please (peas), hi, bye-bye, help (hep), almost (awmote- after almost making a basket in the hoop). He is learning more everyday and will try to repeat almost everything we say.

We got to go to the zoo while Jake was on Spring Break. Tyler fell asleep after awhile, but enjoyed seeing all the animals- especially the random squirrels running around, waiting for snacks to fall from the stroller.

Me & my man


Ty still loves his bath time every night with Daddy. He loves his puppy towel from Grandma Richardson. Look at that smile!

For some reason Tyler has started loving hats- particularly this candy corn hat Aunt Cindy got him back in October. It's a little snug on his huge noggin, but he loves it!

Ty's favorite thing to do is wrestling with his daddy. Tyler will charge after Jake and throw himself on him until Jake starts tickling/wrestling with him. It's one of my favorite things to watch. I love my boys!

Tyler turned 1 (back in December- I know! I'm awful!) Here he is with his "circus tent" cake that Jake made. Not what I had in mind, but Jake was so excited about doing the cake, and Tyler was obviously excited about it too.

8 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

what cute pictures! i love that he says almost after missing a basket, that is SO adorable!! and the pic of him in the puppy towel is too cute!

Ben said...

Jake looks EXACTLY like the guy on Holes. Good call. Oh little Ty Ty. What can we say... you really are the cutest little male figure that ever walked the planet. I love when you come to my house and I can hear you squealing at my front door just waiting to come in. Megan you forgot to add to the list of things about Tyler that he does have a favorite Aunt... but I'll let it slide. Keep postin, the people really do need to see more pics of your little man.

The Zaugg family said...

tyler is such a cute little boy. im sure he is very smart and its not just cuz your his mommy and daddy. its fun to see people on these blogs and see there cute family's

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

Oh how I love the Ty-bo! Give him a squeeze for me! That picture of him sweeping your porch reminds me a lot of Erin's baby pictures.

Bekah Parker said...

Wow Jake did a pretty good job on the cake. He really is so cute and a good mix between the two of you. What a cute little smile!

Kamilla said...

Oh I miss you guys so much! Ty is so cute and he already looks older. I hope we get to visit soon!!

Peggy Merrell said...

Oh my goodness, can he get any cuter???? He just makes me laugh right out loud he's so cute!

Duane and Mary said...

It was good to see you when you were in Utah!! I got such a kick out of Tyler and his smiley face!! I think I look enough like his Grandma Merrell, that he was willing to share his cute personality and knowlege of the alphabet sounds...very impressive!
What a cutie pie! It's so fun to read your blog. Love you, Aunt Mary