Saturday, January 30, 2010

Starfall



Tyler has been obsessed with Starfall lately. Starfall is a website that teaches letters, sounds, and reading. We used to use Starfall when I taught at Guerrero Elementary, and the little girl I nanny likes to play it, so I thought I'd try it out with Ty. I think he likes it just a little too much. He gets so enthralled in the interactive books and letters- he honestly would sit on my lap for an hour and do starfall if I would let him. I think it's great because he'll repeat the sounds he hears on the computer- his favorites are "a", "m", and "s". It also has fun little games, and songs (Tyler always claps after the songs and signs/says "moe, moe" (more, more).) If you have kids 2nd grade and younger, you should check it out. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I can't belive he's old enough to do that! I never got to tell you, but I LOVE your family pictures. We are dying to come visit Ben and Cindy someday.It will be so fun to see you and your family when we finally make it there. I wish Arizona was closer so we could hang out : ).

Unknown said...

Woops!I didn't know I was signed in as my dad. That comment was from SARAH. Not my dad ha ha!

Hina Schneider said...

Yeah my downstair friend patti just showed me this website like a week ago. Jack loves it too. I think its a great learning tool for young kids.

Macey said...

Cool site, way to go. And your header picture is beautiful!

Kurt said...

So Katie has started Chris on Starfall and he loves it too. Ok fine, maybe I really enjoy seeing the colors and hearing the sounds too...

Taryn said...

Thanks for the recommendation, I recently tried it with Nate!

Richardson Five said...

What a little smarty-pants! I need to try it out with Sienna.

Ann said...

I discovered Starfall a few years ago when I worked in a special education class room. Introduced to the other staff and students and it made a tremendous difference in reading ability. Our regular reading program was Edmark which is a wonderful program too. but costs a bundle.