Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Update Anyone?

Alright, alright. I know, I'm a slacker. I don't even know if anyone will even read this. I'm sure everyone's pretty much given up on me by now, but I'll just blog anyways. Wow- a lot sure has happened since I last blogged. I finished up teaching another year of 2nd grade! Woo hoo! Although it was a really tough year and my Spanish skills were tested a bit, I am truly going to miss my sweet students. In fact, for those that don't know, I won't be going back to teach for a long while. Jake and I are expecting our first baby in Dec! I could teach for half the year, but let's be honest here- I don't want to be 8 or 9 months pregnant and trying to teach 30-some kids. We are very very excited to join the ranks of new parents! Jake is so cute and finally lets me look at all the cute baby things at Wal-mart/Target when we pass by. I think he secretly like looking for baby things too. My doctor gave me the estimated due date of December 22nd. A Christmas baby! I just hope that he/she comes before Christmas so I'm not still great with child during all the celebrations. I'll probably have a little more to blog about now that I have something exciting to share- all the updates of the pregnancy (weight gain, due dates, new baby purchases, etc.).

What's even more fun is that both of my sisters are pregnant too! Lisa is due in the middle of July and Cindy is due at the beginning of November. And... get this! 2 of my sister in-laws are pregnant too! Nikki is due the day before me, and Becca is due probably about 3 weeks after me. Our baby is going to have lots of cousins to play with!

Jake has just started a summer class and keeps busy with that in the mornings, and then goes straight to work. He's such a trooper! Meanwhile, I'm enjoying not teaching/working for awhile and searching for a job. Don't you just hate the job search? If anyone has any hookups let me know!

Well, hope you all haven't given up on me. I'll do my best to be a little more consistent.

7 comments:

Lindsee said...

Hurray! Congratulations! All this abby stuff is so exciting!

Alisse Baldwin said...

I am seriously SO SO excited for you & Jakey Pooh! You'll have the cutest baby & be such great, fun parents. Be ready to have another one in 2 years so ours can be the same age, k? We still need to get together... after this weekend I am free! :)

Unknown said...

I haven't given up on you (I have google reader so it updates me whenever someone updates:) I am so glad you posted, I love to hear what's going on and....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooo excited for you!

Kurt & Katie Barton said...

Oh my goodness! It appears that the papa fish will soon be having a little school of fish!!! Congrats you too. I can hear it now, " Jarvis Yurgin Beazer Richardson." Let me know what you think

Macey said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you guys. After I graduated, I tutored at Sylvan until I had Kiley. Good luck and hope you are feeling OK.

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Congrats on being prego! That's so exciting! What a fun new step to take! I hope you keep updating your blog regularly, because I like seeing the new news whenever I come across it. Keep in touch!

Joe and Katie said...

Lovin that Red Mansion Pic!