Friday, June 13, 2008

Softball

Well, like most of my posts this one's a little belated. Over Memorial Day weekend Jake and I went up to Heber/Show Low/Snowflake for a softball tournament. We headed off fairly early Saturday morning. Remember, this is the end of May. Just 4 days before had been one of the hottest days I have ever experienced in May. As we were just getting to the rim, this is what we saw...










It's summer! Who would have thought? Let's just say I spent the weekend watching my sweetie play softball all bundled up in a blanket and hoodie and still shivering! But it was definitely worth it. Jake is an awesome ball player! He had some really good hits and can run those bases like no other! He played left field and the audience would always ooh and ahh when Jake's knee-high red socks would turn into a blur as he ran to snag a ball. My hubby has got some wheels on him! His team had never played together before, so I was really impressed with how well they did.

We also got to visit Jake's sister Sarah and her family in Heber. They were a lot of fun and so nice to let us stay at their place tucked in the forest of Heber. We also got to stay with my cousin Kara and her family in Show Low. We had a lot of fun chatting. If anyone knows my mom and her sisters at all, their children are no different- we just had a hard time stopping the chatting. It's kind of like Pringles- once we talk, we just can't stop! Anyway, thanks to all of you who gave us a roof over our head! It was a great weekend filled with snow, family, friends, cold wind, and softball!

4 comments:

Richardson Five said...

I have heard Jake is quite the ball player. I will agree, it is so fun watching them play ball. We just got home from Nate's softball game...those Richardson boys I tell ya, they got the moves.:)

Cindy Spratling said...

Glad you got to experience a small taste of my life (the part about the snow... in MAY). And Jake truely is the stud you describe him to be. So glad he's part of our family! PS: Happy anniversary; it's coming up soon isn't it?

Stacy Hoyt said...

Crazy weather! But sounds like fun. Hey, I just heard the news you're pregnant. I am SO excited for you guys. I hope you're not feeling too sick and able to enjoy it! Isn't is fun?? Congrats! (When the time comes I'd love a Shower invite!)

Richardson Five said...

Okay, you guys are killin me! We need an update.