
This was on our bed. The chocolate covered strawberries were so yummy. There was a bottle of wine, but seeing as how I'm pregnant and we don't drink alcohol anyway they brought us a nice chilled bottle of sparkling cider. Mmmm.

There was a little lookout point that we climbed up to at night and this was the beautiful view we had. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it was beautiful seeing all of the city lights. This is a picture of the hotel's restaurant at the top of the butte. They had the best breakfast buffet there- not like a normal continental breakfast. They had everything you could possibly want. Made fresh, right when you order.

This was the "sky bridge" that connected all the hotel rooms to the lobby and restaurant.

There were beautiful waterfalls everywhere. It was amazing to me how everything was just built right into the butte. Jake loved all the waterfalls and had a good eye for finding them all.

We had a lot of fun at the pool too. It was very nice. There were two huge pools with a little channel connecting the two. Then there were jacuzzis further up on the butte. It was beautiful.


Jake's favorite part of the pool was this little window where you could see people in the pool. Jake said it made him feel like the dolphins in an aquarium. I just have to explain this picture. Probably the most unflattering picture ever taken in my life, but I couldn't help but put it up- Medusa hair and all. It's just so funny! And Jake loved it so much. So excuse the not so pretty picture, but just humor me and say it's funny.

After our stay at the Buttes Jake took me to Massage Envy to get massages. I'd never had a massage before so I was pretty excited. We were there a little early and were waiting until our appointment time. After awhile of waiting Jake just started giggling. I asked him what was so funny and he said he was just thinking about how he was afraid he was going to laugh during the massage. Then he started getting kind of nervous- I guess he didn't like the idea of another woman touching his body (I'm glad he doesn't like that idea :) ). I was trying to calm him and tell him that it was going to be relaxing and help his back, but then SHE walked out. A woman with red frizzy hair, a little on the larger side, and I swear I could hear her cracking her knuckles. "Jacob..." she said in a sultry voice. Jake slowly stood up as the woman shot out her hand for a shake. "Nice to meet you," Jake politely said. "You too," the woman replied. "My name is Tiger Lilly." Bah! Ha ha ha ha! Her name is what? Isn't that the Indian princess's name on Peter Pan? Jake turned around and gave me a look like "help me." All I could do was wave and say "see you in an hour sweetie!" Anyway, needless to say all I could think about during the first 10 minutes of my massage was how Jake had a masseuse named Tiger Lilly! All in all it was a good experience. I really enjoyed my massage and felt so relaxed when it was finished. Jake was so sweet to think of it. Thanks honey!
Then we went to Carrabba's for dinner. Mmmm- it was so delicious! I highly recommend the Chicken Marsala. You can tell from the picture that we were both pretty tuckered out from a fun-filled weekend. Thanks again Jake-o. You're the best!
17 comments:
you two cute love birds! sounds like a blast! tiger lily. oh boy. that says it all. too funny! by the way, who took the pic of you both underwater? so cool!
Some guy at the pool. He was probably freaked out by us.
How FUN! I love that pool! But more, I love that picture. Thank you for posting it!! :)
You'll have to remember to take pictures EVERY anniversary to see how much you guys change in one year's time... next year you'll have a little one in your picture! :)
Oh, Tiger Lilly. She sounds just precious.
HI meg. Wow. time flies, one year already. Jake is such a romantic! love it. Congrats on the baby, that is so much fun. Hope all is well! love ya guys
HAHAHAHA!!! that is so funny! thanks for the great laugh (Jake's masseuse) sounds like you had a very fun anniversary! What a sweet hubby you have! congrats on 1 year so far!
Sounds like a perfect getaway-Happy Anniversary! That place sounds great. Oh, and I love your hair and congratulations on your pregnancy!
Okay, I had to laugh out loud at your massage story. I can so picture Jake's "help me" face.:) Oh, and I love the picture...it's real life and it doesn't get any better!
This post is great! I love your story. The whole massage thing is great to picture. I think he would be more scared if a man was giving the massage. Love the underwater picture, it is great!
Loved the medusa picture... and Tiger Lily? That has to be the best detail of the weekend possible. You kids are cute- can't wait for little Megans and Jakes to be running around...
yea one year! Congrats!
Hey! It's Sarah Ben's sister. That resort looked so amazing. Congratulations on one year AND on the little one coming! I can't believe you've been married that long either! I've almost been married for six months and it seems pretty crazy. Anyway, I'm so excited for you to be able to have your baby so close to your sisters, and to all live in Arizona together! Hope you are doing really good. It's fun looking at your blog : )
Tiger Lily...that is awesome! I can just picture Jake's face!! Congratulations, what a fun way to spend your anniversary!! What a sweet hubby to do all that for you.
Alright guys, why haven't you told us you have a blog?! And you are pregnant?! Remember, we are family, we gotta know what's going on. Haha...We have a blog too, just email me so I can send you an invite since ours is private. Your anniv. sounded like so much fun!
hey megan...you back in town yet? if so...we should go out to lunch again! i miss my megs!
Looks like you had a way fun weekend. I laughed so hard at the woman named Tiger Lilly. HA HA!!! I hoped Jake like his massage though. It was really good seeing ya @ the reunion. When you guys come to Utah come say hi. Love ya!
Hey you 1 year olds. Looks like you had a wonderful time! I am a huge fan of the Chicken Marsala as well. yum. Question: are you guys gonna be around the last week of August? We're trying to plan a quick trip to AZ to visit everyone!
congratulations!!! great photos!
Post a Comment