(he had no idea I was such a Christmas maniac). I've surprised him by already asking him what he wants for Christmas this year. He just gave me an "Are you crazy?" look as I'm sure you are right now. But what can I say- I think Christmas should be celebrated all year long! For Christmas I got Jake a nice softball bat and a new glove. He's excited to put them to use on the co-ed softball team we've joined that will be starting in March. Jake got me a pedicure kit that he so sweetly volunteers to use on my feet. He also got me TheFirm workout that I had been asking for. I've enjoyed that a lot but have a hard time motivating myself to get up at 5:45 to actually do the workouts. We had fun re-enacting the nativity with the Merrell family and hangin' with both of our families.
Valentine's Day was also a lot of fun. I just love holidays. My class of 2nd graders had a fun little Valentine's party. Several of my students even brought Valentine's for our pet frog, Max. I thought that was funny. My students were so sweet and brought stuffed animals and chocolates and all kinds of goodies for me (many of which went straight to the trash- used stuffed animals just don't appeal to me. Neither do questionable chocolates labeled in Spanish). Jake and I spent Valentine's chaperoning a bunch of 5th grade students from my school to the Coyotes hockey game. It was my first hockey experience and I actually enjoyed it quite a lot! Jake treated me to a dinner at Macaroni Grill and a date to As You Wish (pottery painting). He's such a sweetheart!

4 comments:
You probably know what I'm going to say... It's about time! I have been waiting for pictures. Your hair is getting so long Megs. You and Jake are so cute. I love that he helped you with the blanket. So sweet.
I want to teach 2nd graders!! They are the cutest!Lucky.
Megan you look great!!! BEAUTIFUL! I miss you!
I don't think you are a slacker-your first year of teaching AND first year of marriage! The picture of you 2 @ the Hockey game is very cute.
Post a Comment